Do you want to make a difference to Herefordshire? Do you have a range of skills and experiences to offer for the benefit of enterprises in rural Herefordshire? This is a voluntary role, expenses can be claimed when projects and additional roles arise.
The Hub is a Community Interest Company led by agricultural and rural businesses across Herefordshire and its aim is to give members access to development. We aim to raise awareness and signpost to various opportunities via our free monthly newsletter. We also support enterprises with business development events, funding workshops, changes to rules & regulations, plus local events of interest and more.
- Enthusiastic about Herefordshire and believe the rural economy is an asset
- Experience at running and chairing meetings
- A wide rural technical knowledge, from tourism to agricultural planning legislation
- Can work as part of a team for the benefit of others
- Be able to engage with a varied range of stakeholders
- An ability to attend meetings, with 4 – 6 hours a week commitment to the role
- Can work remotely via email and dropbox
- Three years experience in a voluntary capacity
- Five years of experience running a business (includes charities)
- Experience of volunteer engagement and financial management
Please enclose your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have the experience for the role of Chairman and the vision of how you would like to be part of developing Herefordshire Rural Hub.
Apply in writing to:-
Herefordshire Rural Hub, Agriculture House, Beech Business Park, Tillington Road Hereford, HR4 9QJ
Or by email to:-
By 12 noon Wednesday 9th August 2017
If you would like to discuss the opportunity, please call Cathy Meredith, Hub Co-Ordinator, on 07970 181628
or the current Chairman Christine Hope on 07875 384439